1. When do you publish and how can I participate?
A: We publish a fresh new sketch every Saturday.It's super easy to join!
1. Simply create a card, layout or altered item based on the sketch.
2. Take a photo of your project and upload this on your blog or any forum you may have a gallery with or any photo image hosting site
3. Type in the your name and the direct link to your project in the Mr. Linky Box provided at the end of each sketch post. For further instructions, you can CLICK HERE.
2. When are your sketches due?
A: All sketches are due every Friday at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time (EST). If you wish to calculate your current time to EST, please refer HERE.
3. Can I use your sketches to submit for publication or to enter a contest?
A. Most definitely yes! We encourage you to use our sketches for submission to any publication, contest, or even create cards and sell. We are not just here to inspire, we are here to help.
************IMPORTANT NOTE: (Effective September 2010)
As we allow you to use our sketches for your publication submission, we ask that you do not submit the cards that you have already linked on Card Patterns or have used in any of our previous sketches.
We have received requests to delete the photos of cards that were linked with us or were included in our Super Six due to the fact that they will be published. We regret to inform you that due to limited time and resources we cannot honor this request anymore. You are still allowed to use our sketches if you create a new card to submit for any print or digital publication. Just keep in mind we will be unable to delete old cards linked to our blog or whose photos are included on our blog.
4. Can I link more than creation in one CP sketch?
A. Yes! Yes! Yes! If you feel motivated doing more than 1 card/project in one sketch, we would love to see it! However, having more than 1 entry does not entitle anyone to have more chances of winning the sponsored prize package. Prizes are calculated based on the # of unique participants means, if you submit 2 sketches, we will only count it as 1.
5. How do you pick your Guest Designer?
A. Each week, 1 Design Team member picks his/her Top 6. The whole team vote for their favorite and whoever has the most votes wins the GD spot.
6. Do I need to be in a Design Team or have experience in order to be picked as a Guest Designer?
A. At Card Patterns, everyone is equal. If we love your work, we will feature you. You don't need to have design team experience to be picked as a Guest Designer. We pick a variation of participants for every Guest Design position. Previous Guest Designers that were picked were first time participants.
7. How often can you be a Guest Designer?
A. You can be our Guest Designer again 4 months after we have featured you to give a chance to other craft designers.
8. How often do you have a Design Team call?
A. Our DT term runs every 6 months. January to June and July to December.
9. Do you offer any incentives to the Designers?
A. Our Designers do not receive any financial compensation. However, from time to time, we have sponsors who sponsor the team with free supplies or digital stamps which they can work on. Sometimes, we are offered a special discount on the stores' that sponsor us.
10. Are you affiliated with any store or sketch blog?
A. No, we are not affiliated with any store (online and brick & mortar) or any other sketch blogs.
11. I won a prize on your blog. How long do I have to claim it?
A. Due to the generosity of our sponsors' time and product, prizes must be claimed within 2 weeks. To claim a prize, simply email us with the sketch # and prize in the subject of your email.
12. Can my creations be made for other challenges, including Card Patterns?
A. Yes! Your creation can be made for as many other challenges as you like. But we ask that Card Patterns be the only sketch challenge.
Click HERE to contact us if you have any other questions.